ASSET- Best practice award for general practitioners
ASSET – Action Plan on SiS Related Issues in Epidemics and Total Pandemics is a 4-year FP7 EU co funded project which aims to:
- Forge a partnership with complementary perspectives, knowledge and experiences to address effectively scientific and societal challenges raised by pandemics and associated crisis management
- Explore and map SiS-related issues in global pandemics
- Define and test a participatory and inclusive strategy to succeed
- Identify necessary resources to make sustainable the action after the project completion.
AIM OF THE AWARD
The ASSET project aims at awarding individual GPs or groups of GPs who have best included Science in Society (SiS) aspects in order to improve the quality of communication about epidemics and pandemics with their patients and more importantly with the local communities.
The ASSET project will award health professionals in the primary health sector (GPs or groups of GPs) who have implemented an activity or intervention to:
- improve the response of local communities or groups of people to deal with outbreaks of infectious diseases, such as influenza, measles, pertussis (whooping cough)
- promote immunizations for groups of children or adults for the prevention of diseases such as influenza, measles, rubella, pertussis (whooping cough).
This year ASSET focuses on initiatives, concluded or on-going, implemented in 2014-2015 in any of the EU 28 Member States, the EEA countries (Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway), Israel and Switzerland.
Three European health professionals in the primary health sector (preferably GPs or group of GPs) will be awarded 3,000€ each as an educational grant. This grant in collaboration with the ASSET consortium could be used for education related activities, such as:
- To attend a public health related European conference (such as ESCAIDE, EUPHA or relevant). In this case the award amount will cover for the winner’s registration, travel and accommodation expenses
- To attend the ASSET Summer School 2016 in Rome. In this case the award amount will cover for the winner’s travel and accommodation expenses to attend the summer school in Rome.
- To spend 5-10 working days working in one of the ASSET partner organizations
- Other educational activity/ies, related to public health preparedness and Science in Society (SiS)
The award cannot:
- be used for the procurement of medical or electronic equipment
- be provided as cash reimbursement or bulk transfer to an individual’s or an association’s bank account without supporting documentation such as invoices of travel and accommodation expenses, registration expenses, etc.
Any European GP or group of GPs can apply for the ASSET Award by sending a completed “ASSET AWARD application form” to the dedicated email account: ASSETaward@prolepsis.gr
- Application deadline: February 15th 2016.
In order to be valid, the complete Application Form (including all requested information) for each activity should be submitted within the foreseen deadline.
Any individual health professional or member of the public can nominate a GP or group of GPs working in any European Union Member State (EU MS) by completing the relevant “ASSET AWARD nomination form” (fill Adobe document) and mailing it to the dedicated email account: ASSETaward@prolepsis.gr
Nominations need to include contact details for the nominee, in order for the ASSET consortium to contact him/her directly to officially apply for the award.
Nomination deadline: January 15th 2016.